Inference: Deriving Conclusions from Indications:
- Sally arrives at home at 4:30 and knows that her mother does not get off of work until 5. Sally also sees that the lights are off in their house. Sally can infer that her mother is not yet home.
- Bob knows that Baltimore is known for its crabcakes. Bob is going to a seafood restaurant in Baltimore for dinner tonight. Bob can infer that the restaurant will likely serve crabcakes.
- Sherry's toddler is in bed upstairs. She hears a bang and crying. Sherry can infer that her toddler fell out of bed.
- John hears a smoke alarm. He smells burnt bacon. John can infer that his neighbor burnt her breakfast.
- Jennifer hears her mailbox close. Her dog is barking. Jennifer can infer that the postal carrier has delivered her mail.
Math: gr. 6 - p. 55; Wilson p. 55 #5,7; Middleton - none .
Science: Mass, Volume, or Density? sheet.